Southeast Asia is defined as the area between southern China and eastern India, namely: Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Laos, Indonesia, Myanmar, East Timor and Brunei.
Tips for your trip to Southeast Asia
- Plan your trip well. Although the eleven countries of the territory sound interesting, you will not want to feel that you lived it too quickly. Being a completely different culture to the western one, it is much more convenient that you choose carefully the places you plan to visit. There is so much to see, hear, eat and learn in one country that the first recommendation of travelers is to choose (also according to your time of stay) maximum 4 out of the 11 nations.
- Search well. Remember that the costs of living are supremely low and, the less you spend, the more you can visit and enjoy. In this type of destination you can find very tasty lunches starting at $ 1 USD and accommodations of any type and price range.
- Try everything. It is well known that the cuisine of this region of the world is supremely exotic and manages flavors in quantities that you can not imagine. Do not be afraid to try new things, because it will be at all normal that one day at breakfast they offer you dog meat or insects as an appetizer. It’s all part of cultural immersion.
- Beware of cultural clashes. Remember that you are almost on the other side of the world. It is important that you study culture before your trip, because in some of these countries you could be earning fines for the simple fact of chewing gum in public spaces. Learning some phrases of the language is also an essential detail.
- Do not be afraid to improvise. Maybe your itinerary is very organized, but at the moment you’ll go out there will always be setbacks. Baggage losses, thefts and delays of buses and flights are completely normal. Take advantage of these spaces to look for new tourism alternatives.
Tops of places you must visit
- Temples of Angkor (Cambodia)
- Koh Rong (Cambodia)
- Perhentian Island (Malaysia)
- Sabah and Sarawak, Borneo (Malaysia)
- Cameron Highlands (Malaysia)
- Muang Ngoi Neua (Laos)
- Luang Prabang (Laos)
- North of Sumatra (Indonesia)
- Bali (Indonesia)
- Bagan (Myanmar)
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- Borobudur (Indonesia)
- Halong Bay (Vietnam)
- El Nido (Philippines)
Digital Content Creator
Share this blog!
Download Bilingual Now
Get connected and inspired with more of our blogs
A lot of students decide to complement their studies with an exchange, therefore if you are thinking about doing a cultural exchange, this entrance will be a great help for you. Here you’ll find some advantages and disadvantages to make this type of exchange.
Reggae music was popularized in different parts of the world thanks for its main musical exponent Bob Marley who promoted the Rastafarian love and peace from Jamaica culture through his songs. It has generated the acceptance and recognition of that culture in the worldwide.
When university studies are carried out, not everyone have the fortune to dedicate themselves totally to them. Since in some way, many people must contribute in their homes to cover certain economic expenses that studying implies; therefore, it is important to study and work at the same time.